Toden Arakawa Line – a very unique & historic streetcar line in Tokyo downtowns

the only streetcar line survived in Tokyo

the only streetcar line survived in Tokyo

Dear International Investors,

I used Toden Arakawa Line, when I surveyed three apartment buildings in Taito-ku, Arakawa-ku, and Toshima-ku last week.  The line is the only streetcar system survived in Tokyo, connecting Waseda (Shinjuku-ku) and Minowabashi (Arakawa-ku).  The line has been in operation since 1913, and the neighborhoods and towns along the line still show what Tokyo used to look like in Showa Period (1926-1989).   Toden Arakawa Line runs through Shinjuku-ku, Toshima-ku, Kita-ku, and Arakawa-ku, most of these districts being downtown and residential.

inside of the only streetcar line survived in Tokyo

inside of the only streetcar line survived in Tokyo

a small station of Toden Arakawa Line

a small station of Toden Arakawa Line

Also, Toden Arakawa Line stops at some major stations at which passengers can switch from Toden Arakawa Line to another train line.  These stations include Machiya (to Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line), Oji (to JR Keihintohoku Line), and Otsuka (to JR Yamanote Line).

Toden Arakawa Line is fun to ride  and watch.  If you can spare sometime for sightseeing in Tokyo, I strongly recommend that you get onto Toden Arakawa Line.

sings at a station - they are from 1960's

sings at a station - they are from 1960's

a public restroom is retro-styled at a station of Arakawa Line

a public restroom is retro-styled at a station of Arakawa Line

a stone monument by an Arakawa Line station - it reads that Showa Emperor has been here

a stone monument by an Arakawa Line station - it reads that Showa Emperor has been here

Posted in admin
Posted in Arakawa-ku, Kita-ku, Shinjuku-ku, Taito-ku, Tokyo real estate market, Tokyo real estate view, Toshima-ku, Uncategorized

Related article

Leave a Reply

Track Back

Toden Arakawa Line – a very unique & historic streetcar line in Tokyo downtowns”'s Track Back URI
Follow minato_asset_e